I am so completely honoured to have been nominated for a blogging award called the a “Shine On” Award. I'm only really new to the world of blogging but I'm over the moon that I even have regular followers who genuinely seem interested in what I'm blogging about let alone being nominated for an award. Mummy Flying Solo thank you so much for my nomination I’m so completely shocked, honoured and humbled!
What a cool idea from the blogging community. There are rules of course and they are as follows:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link person who nominated you for the award.
4. State seven things about yourself.
Note: If you nominate others to receive the award don’t forget to pop over to their site and let them know!
So I’ve done rules 1 to 3 so that just leaves me with rule 4: state seven things about myself. Since my blog is predominately about me as a mother I thought I would use this chance to state seven 7 things about Holly, me as my own person.
1. I’m the youngest of 3 children. My brother is sadly deceased (car accident when he was 19) and my sister is a police officer, married with my nephew and another bubba on the way later this year.
2. My mum is my hero! She has so much strength and integrity as a person and carries herself with so much dignity I can only hope that I’m half of a good role model for Lachlan.
3. I have in the past been diagnosed and treated for depression (which made me very high risk for post-natal buy managed to escape the risk rating).
4. Jamie and I met on the Internet, but because of the stigma attached to it we say we met at the pub where we met in person for the first time.
5. I love cooking and entertaining friends. Cooking is my stress outlet and love nothing more than having friends over to play host and shower them with the delicious goodies I have whipped up.
6. I am a bargain hunter, I find a lot of bargains and very rarely pay full price for anything! Over the years I have saved a lot of money with my bargain hunting ways and my slight eBay addiction. And yes they parcel postie and I are on first name basis lol
And finally one for the future
7. Jamie and I aren’t even engaged yet but if and when it does happen we have already made the decision together that when we do get married we will elope to a beach in QLD so it’s just about us and our love.
So there you have it, there are my 7 to conclude the rules. Once again thank you for my award nomination Mummy Flying Solo so very honoured!!